Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Vintage Bridge and pickups.
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Vintage Bridge and pickups.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
erix66

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Vintage Bridge and pickups. Reply with quote

just wondering you think there is a big difference between the fender vintage bent saddle bridge coated and uncoated. Just asking Because i saw that yours was uncaoted. and im about to order mine so i was wondering. Also what is the exact name of the pickups you use. Is it the suhr FL single coils? thanks again Eric
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard that question before - my saddles are just the ones that come with the traditional six-screw Fender vintage bridge. I wasn't aware that they make coated and un-coated versions. Coated with what? Just off the top of my head, coated saddles doesn't sound like a good idea.

The pickups I use are ML Standards. ML stands for Mike Landau. They used to be called FL (Fletcher-Landau) but Kirk Fletcher started using other pickups so they changed the name to ML. They also make ML Classics, which have a little less output.

For recording I use mostly V60LP's. They're more like traditional strat pickups - less midrange than ML's. I use an open back cabinet live, and ML's seem to sound better with that cab. I like the sound of V60LP's with the closed back cab I use for recording.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: