Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - recording with headphones
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

recording with headphones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dizzy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:03 am    Post subject: recording with headphones Reply with quote

Thanks for answering these questions Scott.

I am going in to record live in the studio and I will be isolated from my amps. I will be in the same room as the drummer. I will be wearing headphones.
I know you don't like to record with headphones but I figure you have experience with it.

Do you have a favorite brand of headphones for tracking?

Do you have any tips for getting a good sound in headphones while tracking?
And a good overall mix?

When you record do you like to hear the mix like you would hear it live or do you like to hear yourself louder in the mix?

Any other tips on recording live in the studio with bands where you are not going to overdub or fix much?

Thanks Scott
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could help you but I don't ever use headphones. The only time I can remember using them is when I recorded on that Chick Corea album. It was an overdub session and I could have easily recorded in the control room, but Chick said "that room is for the producers." Scientologist assholes! I was so pissed off that I almost walked out of the session. That was my first experience working with him, and it only got worse. Avoid Scientologists at all costs!!!!

Anyway, sorry, I hate headphones and I refuse to use them when tracking.

I like to hear my guitar just a little louder than I'd hear it in a mix.

If I knew I wasn't going to get to overdub, I guess I'd just pray to some higher power that I don't fuck up too much.
dizzy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha. Thanks Scott. Luckily I am not recording with any religious extremists!
sieuminh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely to see you still have the fire, Sir (I mean the fire against organized crime ... I mean religion ... of course we all know you still have the fire in your music ... or maybe it's the same fire ... actually that could be a very interesting theological thought ...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: