Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - New Trio Album Recording
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

New Trio Album Recording

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stratus

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: New Trio Album Recording Reply with quote

Hi, Scott!
How did the recording of your new trio album go? And also when might it be available for purchase?
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travis and Alan played great, and the studio was the best. It's Kingsize Soundlabs and I'd recommend them to anyone in LA - they have an amazing sounding Neve board and all the gear is in pristine condition. Alan is also a great engineer, so his drum sounds are awesome and Travis has killer tone too.

The bad news is that the album is sitting at my house waiting for guitar overdubs, and that'll take some time. It's going to be a layered record, and that process is part overdubbing and part composition, so I feel like the music is still in it's beginning stages. Plus I have a family so I don't lock myself in my studio for 12 hours a day like I used to, and I'm teaching two days a week at MI. Also I have four tours between now and the end of the year. So, to answer your second question, I have no idea. I'm working on it whenever I can.
Stratus

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if the layering is going to be half as good as on HBC I can wait till the end of time.
And how about the new Tribal Tech squad? Are you writing the music or are you going to take the same approach as on the last TT record? And are you guys going to do some touring before entering the studio together?
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We probably won't tour until we do the record. We don't want fans showing up expecting to see Kirk and Kinsey, and we don't want to make our new guys learn music that they weren't a part of creating.

No plans for the studio concept yet, but we'll probably do some writing first. One thing we've learned about jamming in the studio - although it's a fun way to make music, it doesn't necessarily create tunes which are fun to play live - some amount of planning needs to happen to accomplish that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: