Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - WR Night Passage
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

WR Night Passage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pbognar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:57 pm    Post subject: WR Night Passage Reply with quote

Sorry for this non-guitar post, but since Scott has a history with Joe Zawinul...

I was listening to Night Passage and visited a great WR discography site and I was shocked to learn that it was recorded live, over 2 nights at a studio called the Complex in front of 250 people. I've listened to this masterpiece for 36 years, only now did I discover this - unbelievable.

Anyway, here is a cool website: http://www.weatherreportdiscography.org/night-passage/

Back to regular scheduled programming.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool. Although I love most of their albums, Night Passage is is definitely one of their best. Joe and Wayne's playing on Three Views of a Secret is incredible, Peter demonstrates some of the best drumming ever on Fast City, the composition Night Passage is a masterpiece, Dream Clock is one of the hippest ballads ever written, and their version of Rockin’ In Rhythm is totally burning - what a great record. Jaco wasn't happy with the way Wayne played the melody on Three Views of a Secret because he hinted at it rather than played it as written, but his phrasing and embellishment of the melody shows his brilliance as an improvisor, and this is one of his best moments.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: